With the upcoming anticipated Hurricane Florence scheduled to make contact North Carolina, here are a few tips to ensure your ability to effectively administer medications:
- Ensure your laptops stay fully charged, and that your laptop batteries and power cords are in good shape and working properly.
- If your facility loses internet connectivity, please keep in mind that Accuflo will allow you to continue to chart orders (as long as the laptop has power.)
- If the facility loses internet, remember that you will not be receiving any new orders from the pharmacy, so your staff will need to enter new orders directly into the laptop in which the particular resident resides.
- If you feel that your facility will lose internet AND power, please plan ahead and print your MARs/TARs so that you will have a backup in case the power stays out, longer than the battery life of the laptops.
- Please keep in mind that you don’t want to print the MARs too early ahead of the onset of the storm, as you want the MARs to be as correct and up-to-date as possible with order changes.
- If you decide to evacuate, it will be necessary for you to print MARs, but also take your laptops with you to the destination.
If you have any questions, concerns, issues or need any help please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to assist in any way I can.
Thank you and stay safe!
Southern Pharmacy Services
252.521.2898 | firstname.lastname@example.org